When making your characters for the Kingmaker campaign, please adhere to the following:
- All characters will start at first level (i.e. 0 XP).
- Use the point buying system. You have 25 points to buy ability scores, with the following restrictions. At most, only one score may be above 17. At most, only one score may be below 9. No scores may be lower than 8.
- You may select up to two Traits for your character.
- No evil-aligned characters, please.
- Character’s starting wealth is the average value for the character’s class (e.g. Cleric = 140gp, Fighter = 175gp, Rogue = 140gp, Wizard = 70gp). Refer to step #8 of the SRD’s Character Creation Outline if you’re using a different character class.
- All characters will be from the world of Golarion. This is the main Pathfinder world. It’s similar in feel to The Forgotten Realms. If you’re not sure what location your character will be from, then describe to me your character concept and I’ll help locate something that matches.
- If your character worships a god, then choose from the list of god’s in the Gods of Golarion section of the Cleric details of the SRD.
- All other character creation issues should be covered by the SRD’s Character Creation Outline, but let me know if you have any questions.
- To be clear, when I say “refer to the SRD” you can also include any official Paizo Pathfinder material. I’m just using the term “SRD” to mean the website and the official material, because it’s easier and quicker to type.
- Concerning the actual SRD website, there is various “third party” material referenced there. Let me know if you want to use anything from that. I’ll probably allow it, but I reserve the right to modify or disallow the third party material.